A trunnion machine is a rotary transfer machine with multiple fixtures and multiple machining stations where the part goes around the indexer like a Ferris wheel instead a merry-go-round style dial machine. These machines are perfect for working on both ends of a part at the same time. They represent having multiple double end machines all tied together. Hause has designed and built many trunnion machines for high volume production parts like door hinges, turn buckles, and transmission shafts. We have also built them with much needed flexibility to run a family of parts like eye bolt, eye nuts, and rod eyes.
858H Four Station Trunnion For Facing, Chamfering And Cross Drill A Tube
With only 2 or 3 machining operations required, a simple trunnion allows for the ID and OD chamfering, face machining the overall length, and cross drilling a ¼” hole in the tube. Accessing the part in 3 directions is a big plus on the trunnion machines
- 4-station trunnion style indexer
- Hydraulic 2-jaw self-centering clamps
- (4) FD62-100 Hydraulic drilling units
- 5 HP AC spindle motors
- Coolant system and chip conveyor
- Chute fed automatic load
856H Eight Station Trunnion For Shaft Machining
With 6 machining station per end, a lot of work can be accomplished on these trunnion machines. With the double wall construction, meaning on the spindle nose is in the machining and the motors, switch etc. are outside of the machine, chip accumulation is not a problem. We have used this basic design for slip yokes, turn buckles and transmission shafts. Add a optional gantry style loader and you have a high-volume, low-labor machine.
- 10 machining spindles FD15S-120 servo units
- 10 HP AC spindle motors
- HSK 50 spindle nose
- Coolant through the spindle
- Servo indexer with hydraulic clamping
- Magnetic or flighted chip conveyor
965H Eight Station Trunnion For Machining Brass Fire Sprinkler Heads
Palletized conveyor with robotic load and unload, this machine produces a sprinkler head every 2.5 seconds. It completes an OD turning, OD taper pipe thread, taper ream, u-axis machining (programmable), drilling and tapping. We added an automatic feeder and a robot to load the conveyor. This machine produces 10,000 parts per shift.
- 6 model 8604 servo ballscrew units
- 4 model 8704 servo ballscrew units
- Custom Delvieg spindle noses
- 5-10 HP spindle motors
- (2) 2-spindle drilling / tapping heads
- Programmable u-axis unit with Komet head
- Hydraulic 2-jaw fixture with custom jaws
- 200 gallon coolant system
905H Eight Station Trunnion For Machining Transmission Shafts
Mill Station and 4 machining station per side.
- 4 FD15-15o servo ballscrew units
- through the tool coolant
- 15 HP AC spindle motors (optional servo for tapping)
- (2) 15 HP AC milling spindles.
- Bag Filters
- Chip COnveyor
- 120 gallon coolant system